The Student Athletics Program is an integral part of the total learning experience offered to Academia Cotopaxi students. The aim of the program is to develop self-confidence, teamwork, and sportsmanship through skill development and participation in appropriate competition. The Student Athletics Program is characterized by:
- Commitment to the school’s core values;
- Development of basic physical and athletic skills;
- Encouragement of students to participate in a variety of sports;
- Support for broad participation of all students;
- Opportunities for success in appropriate competition.
The AC Youth Sports Program is a founding member of the “Liga de los Colegios Particulares.” Interscholastic exchanges are scheduled with schools in and around Quito. Our JV & Varsity programs compete in the Quito International Schools Sports Association (QISSA). Our varsity teams also compete in the Ecuadorian Sports Association for American Schools in South America (AASSA) and in the Caribbean Area International Schools Sports Association (CAISSA). CAISSA schools are located in Venezuela, Trinidad & Tobago and Dominican Republic. These international tournaments promote personal growth and enhances the educational experience of our student athlete.