Please remember we are at a safe distance from volcano Cotopaxi. Nevertheless, here is the process that AC will follow if we decide to evacuate the campus for any reason.
Please note that our campus is a safe location and if you are not able to pick up your children, they will be under our care until a representative arrives. We have masks, water and food for all AC community members.
In the unlikely event that children need to stay overnight, we have identified AC host homes in Campo Alegre where children will be comfortable until their family arrives.
If school is not in session but students are using school transportation, we will take into account distance of bus from campus in order take a decision of whether the child will be taken to the school or dropped off at their home. Parents will be notified accordingly.
If you have any questions, please contact your Child’s division.
The following is the procedure for school trips and sports events developed jointly with “sister” schools in Quito where our students may participate in away games or attend other school related events.
1. The adults (e.g., coaches or counselors) accompanying students are to have accurate attendance, information regarding any medical condition that could worsen during an emergency, and up to date contact information for parents and guardians of those students.
2. The adults accompanying students are to assure that every student has a protection (emergency) kit.
3. Parents will be notified by the adults accompanying the students to come and pick up their children, as soon as possible, at the school where they are located.
4. If a parent is unable to pick up their child, the school will keep the child until the parent or authorized adult can come to pick them up.
5. The adults accompanying the students may not leave until all students have been picked up by a parent or authorized adult.