Grades 1-5: Developmental Athletics
At Academia Cotopaxi we believe that a strong co-curricular athletics program can, as well as a strong academic program, help prepare students to both enjoy and be successful in life. The Developmental Athletics program is designed for students in grades 1-5 to learn basic developmental skills:
- Sportsmanship and Camaraderie
- Respect and Responsibility
- Basic Motor skills
In a fun, non-competitive, and safe environment developing student athletes will have the opportunity to experience basic physical activities to support their growth and development.
Soccer for Students in grades 1-5 will be offered during the three sessions of Extracurricular Activities; At the end of each season students will have a fun Jamboree game.
- Grade 1-2 Monday & Wednesday
- Grade 3-4-5 Tuesday & Thursday
We also offer Fencing for students 4-5 and Gr. 5-8 with the following schedule during the 3 sessions of Extracurricular Activities.
- Introduction to Fencing Grade 4-5 Wednesday
- Fencing Beginners Gr. 5-8 Monday & Wednesday
- Fencing Intermediate I Gr. 5-8 Tuesday & Thursday
At the end of 3rd session we have a friendly tournament to celebrate what students have learning during the school year.