Fine Arts Festival
We are thrilled to celebrate Fine Arts Festival this week! Please join us for the remaining events: Piano performance at 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, Band concert on Thursday at 1:00 p.m., Orchestra concert at 1:00 p.m on Friday. All events are in the Auditorium.
In January we noted that some teachers were piloting Google Classroom, as an alternative to Edmodo, in an effort to improve the Middle School experience for students, parents, and teachers. The pilot has been very effective, and we have decided to move the entire Middle School to Google Classroom. Thus, as of this week, you should be able to access all of your child’s Google Classroom classes, including the Middle School Student Bulletin, and you will notice that we are no longer using Edmodo. You should have received an email invitation to join your child’s classes. Please contact your child’s teachers if you have not received these invites. If you have other technical questions, please reach out to Todd Hollett, AC Tech Director (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have non-technical questions, please contact me. Thanks for your role in school improvement!
We are delighted to invite you to the Middle School Parent/Teacher/Student Conferences on March 26.
Here is the plan for our upcoming conference:
* Students must attend the conference with their parent(s).
* Conferences are scheduled for 10 minutes.
* Parents are asked to sign up for a maximum of four teachers (including your child’s mentor teacher). Unfortunately, there are not enough sessions for every parent to meet with every teacher. You will need to prioritize which teachers you would like to meet. If you would like to meet with more than four teachers, we invite you to schedule time with the teacher on another day.
* PLEASE only sign up for one session with each of your chosen teachers, even if your child has that teacher for more than one class (ie: if they have the same teacher for Language Arts and Social Studies, only sign up for one of the classes).
* A few “cross-divisional” teachers (Owen Krebs, Jordan Englehart, and Erik Iverson) will not follow the same sign-up procedure. HS conferences are drop in and those teachers will be in their classrooms and available for a drop in conference.
We will use Skyward for sign-ups. Please click here for instructions on how to sign up for conferences. I encourage you to sign up soon, to ensure you get the times you prefer. Please contact the Tech office, Santiago Albuja (email@example.com), if you need assistance with the Skyward sign-ups.
Parent Day in the Middle
We still have a few spaces for Parent Day in the Middle, on Wednesday, March 11. We will begin at 8:15 a.m. in the Library for a conversation about MS curriculum and our counseling program. We will then attend classes, and end the morning by coming together for a follow-up conversation. This event asks for a time commitment of 8:15 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Please use this form to sign up. Thank you!
I look forward to seeing you on campus sometime soon - Fine Arts Festival, Parent Day in the Middle, or Conferences.
With kind regards,
Middle School Principal
(593-2) 382-3270 ext. 2001
"We are responsible for being informed global citizens who understand and affect positive change."