January is always a busy month in the High School so please take a look at the information below. Have a great week!
2020-2021 Course Selection Process
Option forms are due on January 27. The HS Admin team will start building the 2020-2021 schedule.
On January 27, 8th grade parents and students are invited for a 2020-2021 High School course selection presentation at 2:00 p.m. in the Auditorium.
Discover Ecuador (DE)
The Discover Ecuador trips are coming up, between February 3-7. There will be a meeting with the trip organisers on Friday, January 31 at 10:55 a.m. for students and parents. Please review the packing lists and itineraries for each trip.
Students who are not going DE will be required to come to school and will get involved with different local service-based activities. A form was sent to students to choose a minimum of two activities. Time will also be allocated for students to write their reflections on ManageBac and to do extra work.
- Parque Metropolitano Clean Up: Bus to Metropolitano in the morning and a few hours in the park to help beautify the park.
- IMAGINE: 8:45 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. Monday-Friday: Working in IMAGINE classrooms with children and teachers. (18 maximum committed every morning)
- AC Art and Design Projects: Working on Art projects around AC. Painting, design, building. 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Monday, Wednesday and Thursday)
- Hogar Para Sus Niños. 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday: Bus to an orphanage in North Quito to work with children. (5 students committed both days)
- Tree Planting in Ilaloa: Working with the Municipio to plant trees. Thursday morning. There is a small cost ($14 for materials for this day).
SAT Registration: Register by February 14 for the March 14 SAT here.
Mr. Wasser will be out of the office from Wednesday, January 29 through Monday, February 3, visiting HULT International School of Business. He can be reached via email here.
Mock Exams for our Seniors will be the week of March 9. Students that are registered for an IB Exam will take a “Mock Final” for that course during this week. This is designed to simulate the exam conditions they will face in May and will serve as the Semester 2 Final exam for those courses. Students that are not registered for IB exams will have normal school that week.
High School Principal