Thank you to the PTSA and to everyone who attended a very successful BINGO night last week! These events are a wonderful way for AC families to interact in a relaxed and fun social setting. This is MAP week in the Middle School - by the time you read this, your child will be in the middle of the MAP experience. MAP results will be shared at the beginning of February.
We are always seeking to improve the Middle School experience for students, parents, and teachers. To that end, a few teachers are piloting Google classroom, as an alternative to Edmodo. If your child is in a class with this pilot program, you will receive an email from Google with instructions on how to join the class. Later in the school year, we will ask for your feedback on the parent experience regarding Google classroom. Although this may require some families to open both Edmodo and Google classroom this school year, the result will allow us to find the best system for everyone. Thanks for your role in school improvement!
We have our second MS Social on Friday, February 7. The Social is from 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. in the Gym. Sorry, parents, the Social is only for students :)
Here are a few items for parents:
- Students should arrive by 5:30 p.m. and everyone must be picked up promptly at 7:30 p.m.
- If your child is going home with another family, please let Sheryl know in advance of the Social.
- No MS student is allowed to walk home after the Social.
- The Social is only for AC Middle School students.
- MS students are not allowed to be on campus after school, unless in a supervised activity. For this reason, we will show a supervised movie from 3:15 p.m. - 5:15 p.m., for students who are unable to leave campus. We prefer that students leave and return for the Social, but understand that this is not possible for some families.
With kind regards,
Middle School Principal
(593-2) 382-3270 ext. 2001
"We are responsible for being informed global citizens who understand and affect positive change."