We are looking forward to seeing you Parent/Student/Teacher Conferences on Thursday. Please read the following for important information on the conference structure and how to sign up for conference times. Please note that there will be minimal availability at this time. If you are unable to sign up, please contact teachers directly to make appointments outside of conference day.
- Students must attend the conference with their parent(s).
- Conferences are scheduled for 10 minutes.
- Parents are asked to sign up for a maximum of four teachers (including your child’s mentor teacher). Unfortunately, there are not enough sessions for every parent to meet with every teacher. You will need to prioritize which teachers you would like to meet. If you would like to meet with more than four teachers, we invite you to schedule time with the teacher on another day.
- A few “cross-divisional” teachers (Owen Krebs, Jordan Englehart, and Erik Iverson) will not follow the same sign-up procedure. HS conferences are drop in and those teachers will be in their classrooms and available for a drop in conference.
We use Skyward for sign-ups. Please click here for instructions on how to sign up for conferences. I encourage you to sign up soon, to ensure you receive the times you prefer.
Please contact the Tech Office, Santiago Albuja at email@example.com, if you need assistance with the Skyward sign-ups.
We are also offering a repeat of the MS Parent Workshop, Digging into Standards Based Grading. This will be presented from 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. This is the same workshop we presented in September, and is being offered again for those who could not join in September. If you would like to attend, please RSVP here. Please sign up by October 23. Thank you!
We have our first MS Social on Friday, October 25. The Social is from 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. in the Gym. Sorry parents, the Social is only for students. Students will receive more details next week. Here are a few items for parents:
- Students should arrive by 5:30 p.m. and everyone must be picked up promptly at 7:30 p.m.
- If your child is going home with another family, please let Sheryl know in advance of the Social.
- No MS student is allowed to walk home after the Social.
- The Social is only for AC Middle School students.
Over the past week in Cougar Time, mentor groups have been exploring friendships, exclusion and inclusion. Prior to the lessons, students were asked to complete the following activity at home: Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8. If you were not the one your student interviewed for the activity, this would be a good way to start a conversation about friendship, including the qualities of a good friend and how friendships can change over time.
With kind regards,
Middle School Principal
(593-2) 382-3270 ext. 2001
"We are responsible for being informed global citizens who understand and affect positive change."